Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Say the name of my child.....

(I got this beautiful poem when I went to the Haven of Hope retreat. It really made soooo much sence to me. I wish that others would so get this....I inserted Nevaeh's name... For other mother's who are in my shoes feel free to use this poem for your child.)
Never is the name of my child mentioned to me.
A curtain descends.Then moment has passed.
A life slips from frequent recall.
There are exceptions;close and compassionate friends,sensitive and Loving family.
For most,the drama is over.
The spotlight is off.Applause is silent.
But for me the play will never end.
The effects on me are timeless.
Say the Name of my Child to me.
NEVAEH
On the stage of My Life my child has been both lead and supporting actor.
So do not tiptoe around the greatest event in my life!
LOVE does not die.
My child's name is written on my life.
The sound of the voice replays within my mind.
You feel my child is dead.
I feel my child is of the dead and still lives.
You say she was my child I say "is".
Say the name to me and say it again!
NEVAEH

It hurts to bury the memory in silence.
What is in flesh lies buried miles away.
What is in spirit stirs within me always.
My child is of my past but is part of my now.
My hope for the future.
You say not to remind me.
How little you understand I cannot forget.
I would not if I could.
I understand you,but feel pain in being forced to do so.
I forgive you,Because you cannot know.
And I would forgive you anyway.
I accept how you see me,but understand that you see me not at all.
I strive not to judge you,for yesterday I was like you.
I love you;will make no expectations toward you.
But I wish that you could understand that I dwell both in flesh and in spirit.
The mystery is that you do too,but know it not.
I do not ask you to walk this road.
The ascent is steep and the burden heavy.
I walk it not by choice.
I would rather walk with my child in flesh,
Looking not to spirit roads beyond.
I am what I have to be.
What I have lost you cannot feel.
What I have gained you cannot see.
And I would not have you.
Say my child's name for my child is alive in me!
NEVAEH
We will meet again,though in many ways we have never parted.
What life plays light songs on my mind.
Sunsets and Sunrises on my dreams.
My child is real and shadow,was and is.
Say the name to me...
NEVAEH
And say it again!
NEVAEH
My child is MY child and I LOVE as I always did.
Say the name of my child....
AUTHOR: UNKNOWN














No comments:

Post a Comment